Pasta Primavera a la “Zoodles.”
Summer means an abundance of fresh, seasonal vegetables. Especially that iconic, multi-purpose vegetable- zucchini! I enjoy roasting zucchini, baking with zucchini, and making zucchini noodles. Zucchini noodles make a delicious gluten free, low carb and super healthy alternative to regular pasta. Plus, this meal comes together in about 20-30 minutes! I made my zoodles with the Zoodler, but you could also try a spiralizer, or KitchenAid attachment.
Recipe for Pasta Primavera Veggie Noodles
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium onion, sliced very thin
- 1-2 TB minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Olive oil
- 1-2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2-4 TB cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- Italians Seasonings, pepper, salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Combine cornstarch with cold chicken broth and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in 5 quart sauce pan.
- After 1 minute, add onions to the pan and heat them up while you are preparing the carrot and zucchini noodles.
- Grate carrot and zucchini using a Zoodler machine, spiralizer or Kitchen Aid attachment.
- When onions are translucent, add carrot to pan with onions and garlic and heat for about 5-10 minutes. Then add zucchini noodles and peas.
- Stir pre-made sauce into pan with cooked vegetables.
- Keep temperature on medium heat, stirring to prevent burning.
- Add white wine, Italian seasonings, pepper and salt if desired. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately! Leftovers reheat well in the microwave!
Side Note: For a more decadent option, toss noodles with some cooked, chopped bacon.