Stir fry is one of my absolute favorite meals for busy weeknights. It’s quick, easy, versatile and delicious! One of the meals I miss most since my Celiac diagnosis is Chinese takeout, but this homemade gluten free stir fry is a healthier and just as delicious alternative. This recipe calls for peppers and onions, but you can throw in whatever veggies you have on hand- celery, carrots, zucchini etc.
What’s really made stir fry fun for me is the fact that I live near a Wegmans. Now for those of you poor souls who have never experienced a Wegmans, it’s literally the best grocery store ever. Wegmans isn’t just a grocery store- it’s an EXPERIENCE! And Wegmans has an excellent gluten free section, including tons of Wegmans brand gluten free products. By the way, the Wegmans brownie mix makes the best brownies ever! Also, I’m not being paid to say any of these things!
Gluten Free Stir Fry Recipe
Makes about 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 10oz-16oz bag of frozen stir fry blend veggies (carrots, broccoli, water chestnuts, snow peas etc)
- 2-3 TB Gluten Free soy sauce (I’ve been using Kikkoman’s lately)
- 1/2-1 cup Wegmans Stir Fry sauce or Sesame Garlic sauce
- 1-2 tsp Fresh Ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 TB minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Rice for serving
- Sautee cubed chicken in olive oil until lightly browned in large skillet.
- Add minced or powdered garlic and ginger and 1 TB soy sauce to chicken and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced onion and pepper to chicken and cook for 5-10 minutes until onion is softened. Add a little bit of water, more soy sauce or some of the stir fry sauce to keep veggies and chicken from sticking to pan.
- Add edamame, frozen veggies, the rest of the stir fry sauce and soy sauce to pan.
- Stir all ingredients together for a few minutes, then place lid on skillet and turn the heat down to low and let steam for 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Add more stir fry sauce, water or soy sauce to taste and to keep veggies from sticking to pan.
- Serve stir fry with rice.